Doing business with Bikewagon
Who is Bikewagon?
Bikewagon started from humble beginnings with the hope of building a sustainable business within the bike industry. From 2004 until now, we’ve continued a trend of investing in our business and those that we partner with. We’re dedicated to creating a lasting business. Here’s a bit of history to help you understand where we’ve come from.
- 2004: CEO Dale Majors and his father, George Majors, started Bikewagon when they began selling used bike parts purchased from bike swaps around the United States. Initial sales were all done on eBay, and the company operated out of the family garage in Salt Lake City.
- 2006: We started buying closeouts when Dale convinced Titec and a few other brands to let him purchase and sell their products. We began selling on www.bikewagon.com and also expanded to the Amazon marketplace. We outgrew the garage and moved to a 1,500- and then a 3,000-square-foot warehouse.
- 2008: We continued to grow and began investing more heavily into current line sales as we moved into a 7,500-square-foot warehouse.
- 2010: We reached the 20-employee mark and started selling more inline product than closeout product.
- 2011: We purchased a 25,000-square-foot warehouse and built out a 3,000-square-foot, full-service bike shop in the building.
- 2013: In order to work responsibly with the brands we sell, we built out controls in our systems to ensure compliance with all the different MAP policies in the industry.
- We’ve invested heavily into our own domain, www.bikewagon.com.
- We are authorized to sell a range of products from a wide variety of brands, some who allow sales on third-party marketplaces (like Amazon and eBay) and many who don’t.
- We’re a preferred closeout partner and work with many vendors to purchase their excess and sell into the markets with minimal negative exposure to their respective brands.
- Our payment history is impeccable. We have plenty of references upon request, and we’re committed to staying financially sound. (Dale oversees buying, and his father, George, manages the accounting. Though this has caused plenty of animated father-son discussions, George keeps us in check and manages our accounts payable like a champ.)
- We ship up to 1,200 packages all over the world each day. We provide vendor marketing material in many of these packages and partner with our brands to increase their exposure. (Co-branding opportunities are available. Let us know if you would like a sample.)
- Though we started exclusively selling closeouts, we now sell more current-line than closeout product.
- We’re the largest seller of current-line bicycle parts and accessories on eBay. We’ve utilized eBay and Amazon as a marketing channel to supplement our sales and grow our employee and website infrastructure. We work well with vendors by being transparent and proactive about their MAP and advertising policies.
- We consult many of our brands on their third-party marketplace strategy. (Feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do to help!)
- Our staff includes several industry veterans. We staff at least four customer service reps daily and have recently extended our customer service hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., MST. We offer phone, email and live chat support during the week and have limited support from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
Company Contact Info
If you would like to start a relationship with Bikewagon, or if you already work with us and need to get in touch, please contact the appropriate person below. We are eager to help!
MAP & Pricing Issues
Bruce: [email protected] | (801) 898-9158
Bruce handles all of our MAP and pricing management, so please contact him directly if there is ever an issue. He is very responsive, so please reach out to him however you would like. We manage over 10,000 MAP products, so the issues that come up are typically because of a new MAP or an honest mistake on our end (as opposed to our team deliberately changing the price to game the system).
Purchasing (Inline) / PO Adjustments
Marie: [email protected] | (801) 661-7994
Marie handles our day-to-day ordering and re-ordering. If a PO needs to be adjusted, please contact her.
Purchasing (Closeouts & Pre-seasons)
Dale: [email protected] | (801) 604-2211
Paul: [email protected] | (801) 638-1444
Eric: [email protected]
Dale is responsible for all closeout purchasing and inline, pre-season purchasing. If you ever have any product that you would like to liquidate, LET HIM KNOW! We are also able to buy one-off, demo, or used items. Please let us know how we can help.
Accounting / Accounts Payable
Invoices: [email protected]
George: [email protected] | (801) 654-0231
Dan (George’s assistant): [email protected] | (801) 484-5122
George and Dan handle all of our accounting. Please send all invoices to [email protected] so we can enter them into our system. We’ve had occasional instances where an invoice is sent to me at [email protected], and I forget to forward it to that address. Please help me in the future by making sure all invoices are sent to our accounting email address at [email protected]
Marketing / Co-op Promotions / Giveaways
Paul: [email protected] | (801) 638-1444
Paul is responsible for all marketing efforts. If you’d like to be featured in an email to our customer list, sponsor a giveaway or get help in launching a new product group, Paul is your man. He’s always looking for opportunities to partner with brands, so please reach out to him if you have any ideas on how we can work together. If you’d like us to make a proposal for how we can help, please send us an email and we will send you our ideas. Please take this chance to reach out to him.
Website (Bikewagon.com) & Content
Nathan: [email protected] | (801) 214-5376
Nathan is responsible for our website. If something is not rendering correctly, or your products are not categorized correctly, we would greatly appreciate your feedback. If you would like your product displayed differently, please let him know. He controls category pages, content pages, on-site search and everything else on the website.
Receiving / Shipping / Warehouse
Eric: [email protected]
In case you need to get ahold of our warehouse or receiving crew regarding an order, Eric is your guy.
Database and Marketplaces
Alan: [email protected] | (801) 647-4383
In case you need to have a product removed from or added to a third-party marketplace, Alan can help you. He will also gladly accept your updated product files and feeds.
John: [email protected]
John has been working in the bike industry for almost 30 years. For information regarding our customer service policies and practices, or to coordinate with our customer service team to resolve any customer issues, please contact him and put his wealth of experience to good use.